Loading ...

Power BI Best Practice in QQube | CLEARIFY

Posted in: QQube    Microsoft Power BI

Best Practice

Subscribe to RSS
  • I am using quickbook enterprise 2017 with 10-20 separate quickbook files, with 4-5 files cycling out every year and 4-5 new files being added every year.

I've been using power bi to handle reporting without much issue. Two questions.

1. What is the best practice for handling multiple sets of data, ex. sales, ar, etc. Should each data set be sent separately? For example I used the examples to generate the base report and then modified to fit my needs. Should I combine Accounts Receivable and Job costing into one data set or should I leave them separate and then combine the data in a dash board using multiple reports?

2. Is it possible to stop syncing static data but still have it available to report, not sure if this can be done at the power bi level (which would be optimal) or at the QQube level. 

• Sorry for the late reply.

You could conceivably add the Accounts Receivable FACT table details - AND their necessary dimensions (you can't share the same dimension from one FACT table with another - it must be a duplicate, with an alias name).

We could upload an example for that if you need one - to get you going.

Question number 2, not sure that I understand completely.  If the data is in qqube - even though you may have synched weeks or months ago - will always be available to power bi, or any other tool.

• So if I don't want company XYZ file in quickbooks to sync with quickbooks anymore because the office is closed, but i do want to report on the data should I remove the company from data sources? Will this still maintain the existing data?

• Answered

Removing a company from QQube will only remove that company and its data from the QQube Configuration tool.

If you have multiple company files loaded in the QQube Configuration Tool, then you can filter out what companies you want to see, regardless of what tool you are using to create reports, as there is a company DIMENSION folder.

Lastly, if you want to not include a company file for synching, then check just the companies you need in the QQube Configuration Tool, under the Manual Refresh Area.

The automatic synch looks at what you have checked in the Manual Synch area to determine what it will synch, when the scheduler kicks off.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)