Loading ...

Posted in: QQube    General QQube Usability

Multi-Company

Subscribe to RSS
  • I'm just getting started and am working with the QB Single User Multi-Company Add-on.  So far I have two companies I want to use QQube with -- totally separate entities -- and I'm just working with Excel so far.  Can I open Excel and just have one company's data coming in thru the QQube Excel Add-in?  Or am I always going to have to filter within the spreadsheet for the company I want?

I've been looking through the wikis and am not finding much info on working with multiple companies.  Any suggestions on where I can find more info?

Thanks!

• Answered

There are two ways to handle this:

You can filter within Excel, or you can filter out BEFORE it comes into Excel.

The second method is explained here: http://community.clearify.com/wiki/view/773/filtering-with-msquery   This example filters out Jobs that are inactive.  In your particular case, you would filter out the company name from the vd_Company Table/Container.

• Thanks for the reply and link but I think I must be missing a step - I suspect at the very beginning.  I can't seem to access "Properties" unless the spreadsheet is populated.  If I go ahead and choose QQube and a Subject Area, such as "Job Costing," "vd_Company Table/Container" isn't an option. 

I also haven't figured out how to get my second company to synchronize.  The initial manual refresh worked but since then the Scheduled Synchronization log shows "Error."  The first company refreshes fine.

• The company dimension is available for every subject - no exceptions.  In the Excel Add-In you will see the folder: Company Folder

The issue here is synchronization.  

First, if there is an error then you simply submit to technical support, and you will get a quick reply. http://community.clearify.com/wiki/view/779/synchronizer-logs

I suspect, without seeing the log, that you have QuickBooks open to a particular company when you start the synchronization.  In a multi-company operation, you need to have QuickBooks open to no company.  Intuit allows third party applications like QQube to open and close a company file, but it doesn't allow them to close a company that is already open.  Thus QQube cannot open the second company you want synchronized.

• I finally figured out the MS Query route.  I won't bore (or entertain) you with all the things I was doing wrong but now I see it as a great solution for me.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)