Loading ...

Posted in: QQube    General QQube Usability

Upgrade to v5, clients cannot connect "Database must point to a valid file name"

Subscribe to RSS
  • Friday I upgraded our Multi-User Server install to v5.  Due to difficulties, this process included: uninstalling the previous version, installing a fresh v5, rebooting server, configuring, successful run of first sync with QB.

Monday morning I am updating the client on the workstations.  QQube Database Servers window lists the QQube Engine Names - Server Names with servername:port#.  I click Select and Save and QQube Configuration Tool responds with "Database must point to a valid file name".

I can't find anything on the site about this error.

Thank you for your assistance!

DanielGL

• The drop down list should have the qqube database(s) on your network.  It normally is only one; if you have more than one, then you have a setup issue on your network somewhere.  

If nothing is in the drop down list, then you need to add the QQube application to the firewall.   Can you give us some specific information within this context? 

• As noted in my post, the dropdown list DID include my QQube server.  I said the "...window lists... the server name...".

I clicked on Save and the client responded with the error: "Database must point to a valid file name".

DanielGL

• Yes, but the key here is "lists" as in multiple items in the drop down list.  You should only have ONE.  Are we reading this correctly e..g that you have more than one in the drop down list?

• Our "American" language is very imprecise...  (the person sitting next to me informs me that we can't call what we speak "English").

When I typed "the window lists", it was meant in the same manner as "Bob says".  Thus I was indicating that the window contained a dropdown list. 

Furthermore that the dropdown list did include the correct information for my server and there was only one server in the dropdown list, which was automatically selected.

DanielGL

• Answered

One of our engineers logged into your system and corrected the issue.  This will be fixed in the upcoming .01 release at the end of March.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)