Loading ...

Clearer message when single user mode blocks synch | CLEARIFY

Posted in: QQube    Suggestions and New Ideas

Clearer message when single user mode blocks synch

Subscribe to RSS
  • Right now if a sync cannot open a file because it was open in single user mode the user gets an error link which doesn't lead to anywhere explanatory and the log shows this message:

Error Code: 80040435
    Recent changes to your configuration require you (the QuickBooks Administrator) to go into the Integrated Applications preferences and re-authorize your integrated application to log in automatically.

Having worked with the QuickBooks API, I certainly understand your uncertainty in reporting this error. However, it would be nice if the message:

1) Allowed for the single user mode possibility

2) Clearly showed the user which file had the problem without having to read through what can potentially be a very long log file.

• Answered

Unfortunately it is impossible to talk to QQube in single-user mode when using Enterprise.  Since we use the Enterprise custom reporting views to gather a certain portion of data, that is a requirement.  We keep the requirement the same for Premiere to keep things simple - and to ensure that others can login to do their QuickBooks work while the synch is running.  The less rules the better.

The Error Code 80040435 generally shows up as 8004041D OR in rare cases 80040430.  We will ensure that they lead to the same guide in the next release.  It also shows up ON the particular company file.  The best way to look for errors in a big log with multiple companies is to search for either caret:  <  or >   They surround the error message, so you can do a search in those cases.

• Just to clarify my original post, the user opens in single user mode on a different workstation. There is no way QQube could chose to open that file (that I know of anyway).

This actually happened last night, and the caret trick is a workaround, but it would just be so much more natural for a user to actually see the error and least know that was one of the possibilities, and preferably even which file it happened on, without having to know how to parse the log.

Just a feature request ;-).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)