Loading ...

Error message upon file load with certain excel files only | CLEARIFY - Page 1

Posted in: QQube    Excel and the Excel Add-In

Error message upon file load with certain excel files only

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi

I am using the trial version.

Installed and tried to build lists and pivot tables in a new file. Seems to work just fine.

Tried to open an existing file that existed before QQBue installation. Sometimes it loads without problems, sometimes I get an error message  (partially in french but I am running windows 7 SP1 french) and the QQube icon in excel becomes greyed out.

Would you have an idea what happens ?

Thanks

Philippe

• Wow Philippe,  Wish I knew french better.  Intermittant computer trouble is rare, typically when something behaves badly, it always does.  If the trouble only happens on 1 file that was built prior to loading QQube, I would recommend that you rebuild the file beginning with the QQube subject(s) as appropriate.  Good Luck!

• Unfortunately, the problem happens on quite a number of files but not all of them. Thanks for tryin,g to help.

Ph.J.D.

• OK, I will try to translate this message that shows up.

QQUbeAddIn_Application_WorkbookOpen

Application_WorkBookOpen

Unable to cast a 'System._ComObject' type COM object to an interface_type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet'.

This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with ID '{000208D8-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} has failed because of the following error (HRESULT exception : 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Hopefully this helps more of you help me...

Thanks

Ph.J.Drouhin

• Tried to open an existing file that existed before QQube installation

Can you please explain?  Is this a file that had nothing to do with QQube?  Something you created?  Can you attach here one of those files that you are having a problem with please?.  If this file is a sensitive manner, then pleae create a private case, which only you and our team can see.

• Hi,

I tried to narrow down to specifics in the file and it looks like as soon as there is a graph tab in the file, the problem occurs. The attached is a simple new file created that causes the problem.

Thanks

Philippe

• I attached a file but I don't see if it actually made it to the forum. How can I double check ?

Thanks

Philippe

• Answered

It happens that some of the Excel files get corrupted and due the Excel file start showing an error so to repair the file try to fix the error and to do this make use of the MS Excel Repair tool. This is the best tool to fix the error and recover the excel file. 

To know more visit: https://fixcorruptexcelfile.puzl.com/

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)