Loading ...

I need a standard report of revenue by customer in QQube | CLEARIFY

Posted in: QQube    Excel and the Excel Add-In

Really Simple Question

Subscribe to RSS
  • I feel a bit silly posting this as I realize QQube is so much more advanced than what I need (or even understand). But I am currently in a trial and willing to spend the money now to purchase it if I can simply do one thing: I need a standard report/list of revenue by customer - where the revenue is further broken down by account (i.e. revenue type) and each row contains the three custom customer fields that I set up.

If I can just get this to start, I am sure I will do much more advanced things in the future. But I am not an accountant (just a small business owner) and need this information which is not accessible through QB Pro 2015.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

• What you are requesting, sounds pretty straightforward.  However, it would be most helpful for you to attach an existing example, and a description of each column/data source.  We could then attach a template for QQube that you can just open up and refresh.

• I wish it was that easy. I was getting close and then I got stumped again. I am at the point where my Excel sheet uses the following items from the QQube Add-In:

Customer Name

Account Name

Custom Fields 1-3

Transaction Date

Job Line Income Amount

When I created a Pivot Table for that, I saw that the amounts were off because it was not including my expenses applied against those same accounts by customer. So I found another field to add to my report called Job Line Cost Amount.

I have to now figure out how to get the Pivot Table to show me the profit (income less cost) but, before I do, are these the correct fields to use? Is there something better?

Thank you so much.

• For job costing, the assumption is that the invoices - and bills - all go to that one customerjob name.  In other words, you can't have invoices for a different job assigned to the same name.  This is just a function of QuickBooks.  Are you looking for a Profit and Loss by Job, and using the custom fields? 

Alternatively, create a "Profif" column, where you subtract the cost amount from the income amount, just use a calculated field: http://www.clearify.com/wiki/view/115/calculated-fields

• It looks like a calculated field "might" do the trick. But you bring up an interesting point. I have clients that each have divisions (which we code as Jobs). I have different services for each of those divisions (which we use accounts). So ideally, I would want to have the first column made up of rows containing the customer divisions (jobs) and the columns going across being the Profit per account. I am not sure I doing this correctly.

• Answered

The writing of reports is more an art than science - and why we let our solution providers provide the actual report writing services for our clients.

QQube can pull out the kitchen sink, but much depends upon how people use their QB, and their data entry procedures - and everyone does it differently.

The first step in report writing, is to layout the columns, and then to delineate the expected data source for each column.

You were close in this process, but have interjected several possible anomalies that may change the definition of the columns you are seeking.  So the definition of the report is still not solidified.

You could request a 30 minute demo, and if this is truly a 'simple' report, then you could determine that during the session.  This would save you some time and consternation, and determine whether this is  an 'off the shelf' report, or assistance by a Solution Provider is necessary to get you what you need.

In the 13 years we have been doing this we know several things:  

• There are reasons that QB doesn't provide certain reports
    • After 18,000 custom reports, no two are alike to this day
    • Everybody uses QB differently

Bottom line, we can get what you want - we just need to add several brush strokes to the canvas.

• You are 100% correct. Thank you for the help and advice.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)