Loading ...

QuickBooks Custom Fields in QQube | CLEARIFY

Posted in: QQube    General QQube Usability

Custom Fields

Subscribe to RSS
  • I saw the note about custom fields having generic names but I'm not totally understanding.  How do you find them?  I created two custom fields for customers and am working on a job costing pivot table.  I've clicked on just about every field to see what it brings up but cannot find my custom fields.  In the Job Cost Reports article you suggest using custom fields.  But I'm also seeing in the Subjects article that custom fields are in the LOOKUP subject.  I'm not sure what is meant by "Map QQube Custom Fields to real names."  Does this term refer to QB Custom Fields or QQube Custom Fields?

Bottom Line:  Is it possible to have custom fields in QB show up in a Job Costing report?

• QQube contains all custom fields.

Here is a wiki that explains how Custom Fields are captured in QQube: https://clearify.com/wiki/view/201/custom-fields

Additionally, if you are in the Excel Add-In, you will need to hit the "Show More Fields" option to see all of the available Custom Fields.  By default QQube starts out with a limited number of custom fields, so as not to overwhelm the user.

• Great wiki!  Answered all my questions but created another.  If the data is stored as a string, what does that mean?  Is there something I need to do in QB to get my number to come through?  Or is there something I need to do in the pivot table to convert the string to my number?  Or am I just not able to use a custom field to bring a number into my pivot table?

• Answered

In regular Excel, you can bring in the QQube info as a list, and then create calculated fields -  then bring it in as a pivot table from the list.  This bypasses the "straight from QQube to Pivot Table", and just uses one extra step.

If you were using Power Pivot, you could use the native Calculated Field to do create a conversion formula.

If you were using Power BI, you could use the DAX language to create a conversion formula.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)