Loading ...

Reporting on Discounts Taken | CLEARIFY - Page 1

Posted in: QQube    General QQube Usability

Reporting on Discounts Taken

Subscribe to RSS
  • To All:
    I am developing an application that decomposes an entire history of invoices and associated transactions.
    Please let me know the best way of handling discounts taken at time of payment.
    Are they accumulated as a total only in the "SalesTxn Document Actual Discount Amount" field, or are they (I hope) somehow
    stored as an "Associated Transaction" or other such item.
    My goal is to have each discount taken at time of payment show independently.
    Are discounts taken at time of payment available on an individual basis ?
    Thanks !
    John Stark
    ABACA.NET
  • Answered

The  "SalesTxn Document Actual Discount Amount" is what was actually discounted on the invoice. Remember that it is a document field, so it is repeated for each line on the invoice. Use PowerPivot to grab the unique value for each invoice.

To get the discount on an invoice by invoice basis use the patented feature in the QQube General Ledger Detail analytic where linked transactions are grouped in consecutive rows.  The master link # is actually the QB Transaction number.  You will see this in the QQube Configuration Tool examples.

Further, in QQube 7.1 (Released 2/21/2019) we broke out all of the different types of discounts that can occur in QuickBooks transactions.   For example:

• SalesTxn Document Discount Items Amount
    • SalesTxn Document Credits Amount
    • SalesTxn Line Credits Applied On Document
    • SalesTxn Line Payments Applied On Document
    • SalesTxn Line Payments Applied To Document
    • SalesTxn Line Discounts Applied On Document
    • SalesTxn Line Discounts Applied To Document

See this announcement on QQube 7.1: Learn more about Discount Amounts in Version 7.1

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)