Loading ...

Use Sales UOM instead of Purchase/Inventory UOM | CLEARIFY - Page 1

Posted in: QQube    General QQube Usability

Use Sales UOM instead of Purchase/Inventory UOM

Subscribe to RSS
  • We carry inventory at the lowest UOM which is piece.  We sell in a UOM called a square.  A square equals 100 square feet.  Therefore, an item that is 16x10 will require a different number of pieces to make a square than does an item that is 14x07.  Each item has it's own conversion set-up.

Is it possible to import the conversion table and have the sales reports create in squares.  This would make my sales team very happy :-)

Thanks!

Patti

• QQube has two pieces relevant to your question regarding UofM

For the sales and inventory subjects you will notice Quantity (printed), and Quantity.  The Quantity field represents the base quantity using the lowest common demoninator in your UofM hierarchy in QuickBooks.

There is a dimension/folder called UofM where you can create a formula using the ratio field to determine what conversion you need to make:

If you don't have the UofM in QuickBooks. and want to use your own table, then you would need something like PowerPivot or PowerBI to add your information to the existing QQube data model.  This is something a QQube Certified Solution Provider could create. The key will be defining the proper relationship between your file, and the QQube data structure.

• Thank you!  I found the Inventory Line Inventory Quantity and checked it.  I also found the UofM and I checked UofM Ratio.  I refreshed and a column was added to my existing report with the heading Sum of UofM Ratio.  So far so good, right?  However, the values associated with each item are not converted correctly.  I notice you say in your respond that "you can create a formula using the ratio field."   The conversion from lowest (inventory and purchasing) UOM to Selling UOM is in QB.  Do I need to create this formula?

Patti

• Answered

Ratios should be as they are placed in QB in your UofM definitions.

Yes, you have to create the calculation - powerpivot is probably going to be needed because you are defining something other than the base unit of measurement, and it will require an if statement. (regular pivot tables can't handle if statement calculations).

Information on PowerPivot and QQube are found here:  http://www.clearify.com/wiki/view/350/qqube-microsoft-powerpivot-excel

• Thanks.  I'll spend some time with the information link you sent and get back with you if I have more questions.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)