Loading ...

Chart of Accounts Draw/Advances | CLEARIFY - Page 1

Posted in: QQube    General QQube Usability

Chart of Accounts Draw/Advances

Subscribe to RSS
  • What table is draw/advances in?

• This would be in the account dimension, and is user defined.  There is no such "fixed" account in QB for Draw and Advances.

• So what table would the account dimension be listed in? and which prebuilt template for powerbi would i choose that would the table with the data?

• I think i found them after much searching, just want to confirm this is correct. vd_Account and vd_AccountAsset. 

• Answered

Sorry you are wrestling with all of this.  The whole point of QQube is so that you don't have to deal with tables, relationships, and reverse engineering.  Just open an analytic and drag and drop the field you want.

I don't know what type of report you are attempting to create, and in what context, but almost every analytic subject has an account dimension.

I would strongly advise using the Excel Add-In - or even the Excel examples in the QQube Configuration Tool, until you are familiar with how QQube works - which is one FACT table (for each analytic subject) containing values to be measured, and then multiple DIMENSION tables for filtering and aggregating those values.

This page needs to be updated, but it is great for showing you how the data is organized, and how to find it: https://clearify.com/wiki/view/367/understanding-qqube

If you are looking to look at the activity of an account, then you might use Trial Balance Activity (or by Class if they are using classes). If you are just looking for the current balance - then current Trial Balance would work.  If you need balance by period, then the Balance Sheet analytic would be used.  If you need daily balances of that account, then you would use the General Ledger Detail.

If you are using Power BI - open up one of the examples from the QQube Configuration Tool, and you will see that in the Data Model (look at the icon in Power BI which says Edit Queries), that all of the tables are already joined for you - there is only one way to put them together.

We also have Certified QQube Solution Providers, who are both proficient with QQube and QuickBooks, and can look at a report, and quickly identify how to proceed.  They are found here: https://clearify.com/community/find-an-expert

Hope this helps a little.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)