CLEARIFY® END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA") IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR, IF PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE ACQUIRED BY OR FOR AN ENTITY, AN ENTITY) AND CLEARIFY®. READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND USING THE SOFTWARE. IT PROVIDES A LICENSE TO USE THE SOFTWARE AND CONTAINS WARRANTY INFORMATION AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS. BY INSTALLING AND USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE SOFTWARE AND AGREEING TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE AND RETURN THE SOFTWARE TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.
THIS EULA SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE SOFTWARE SUPPLIED BY CLEARIFY® HEREWITH REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OTHER SOFTWARE IS REFERRED TO OR DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The licenses granted in this Section are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA:
2. Portable or Home Computer Use for Software Requiring Mandatory Product Activation. For the Single User Edition of the Software ONLY as noted in Section 1(a), the primary user of the computer on which the Software is installed may make a second copy of the Software and install it on either a portable computer or a computer located at his or her home for his or her exclusive use, provided that:
(A) the second copy of the Software on the portable or home computer (i) is not used at the same time as the copy of the Software on the primary computer and (ii) is used by the primary user solely as allowed for such version or edition (such as for educational use only), (B) the second copy of the Software is not installed or used after the time such user is no longer the primary user of the primary computer on which the Software is installed, and (C) the Software was not licensed under a volume discount.
3. You may make one copy of the Software in machine-readable form solely for backup purposes. You must re-produce on any such copy all copyright notices and any other proprietary legends on the original copy of the Software. You may not sell or transfer any copy of the Software made for backup purposes.
4. You agree that CLEARIFY® may audit your use of the Software for compliance with these terms at any time, upon reasonable notice. In the event that such audit reveals any use of the Software by you other than in full compliance with the terms of this Agreement, you shall reimburse CLEARIFY® for all reasonable expenses related to such audit in addition to any other liabilities you may incur as a result of such non-compliance.
5. Your license rights under this EULA are non-exclusive.
6. Mandatory Product Activation. The license rights granted under this Agreement may be limited to the first fifteen (15) days after you first install the Software unless you supply information required to activate your licensed copy in the manner described during the setup sequence of the Software. You may need to activate the Software through the use of the Internet or telephone; toll charges may apply. There are technological measures in this Software that are designed to prevent unlicensed or illegal use of the Software. You agree that CLEARIFY® may use those measures and you agree to follow any requirements regarding such technological measures. You may also need to reactivate the Software if you modify your computer hardware or alter the Software. Product activation is based on the exchange of information between your computer and CLEARIFY®. None of this information contains personally identifiable information nor can they be used to identify any personal information about you or any characteristics of your computer configuration.
2. License Restrictions
If this copy of the Software is an upgrade from an earlier version of the Software, it is provided to you on a license exchange basis. You agree by your installation and use of such copy of the Software to voluntarily terminate your earlier EULA and that you will not continue to use the earlier version of the Software or transfer it to another person or entity unless such transfer is pursuant to Section 3.
4. Prior Same Version License
You agree by your installation and use of this copy of the Software to voluntarily terminate your EULA with respect to such prior license and that you will not continue to install or use such prior license of the Software or transfer it to another person or entity.
The foregoing license gives you limited license to use the Software. CLEARIFY® retains all right, title and interest, including all copyright and intellectual property rights, in and to, the Software (as an independent work and as an underlying work serving as a basis for any application you may develop), and all copies thereof. All rights not specifically granted in this EULA, including Federal and International Copyrights, are reserved by CLEARIFY®.
6. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer
Your exclusive remedy under the preceding is to notify CLEARIFY® in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your receipt and a description of the problem. Provided that any non-compliance with the above warranty is reported in writing to CLEARIFY® no more than thirty (30) days following delivery to you, CLEARIFY® will use reasonable commercial efforts to supply you notice of the time frame for any bug fixes, or refund to you your purchase price for the Software, at its option. CLEARIFY® shall have no responsibility if the Software has been altered in any way, or if the failure arises out of use of the Software with other than a recommended hardware configuration. Any such misuse, accident, abuse, modification or misapplication of the Software will void the warranty above. THIS REMEDY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR BREACH OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION.
8. Limitation of Liability
The Limited Warranty and Disclaimer, Exclusive Remedies and Limited Liability set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between CLEARIFY® and you. CLEARIFY® would not be able to provide the Software on an economic basis without such limitations. Such Limited Warranty and Disclaimer, Exclusive Remedies and Limited Liability inure to the benefit of CLEARIFY® licensors.
10. U.S. Government Restricted Rights Legend
This Software and the documentation are provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS" applicable to private and public licenses alike. Without limiting the foregoing, use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in this EULA and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013 (c)(1)(ii)(OCT 1988), FAR 12.212(a)(1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14, as applicable. Manufacturer: CLEARIFY® INC, 1321 Upland Dr. #2135, Houston, TX 77043.
11. (Outside of the USA) Consumer End Users Only
The limitations or exclusions of warranties and liability contained in this EULA do not affect or prejudice the statutory rights of a consumer, i.e., a person acquiring goods otherwise than in the course of a business.
The limitations or exclusions of warranties, remedies or liability contained in this EULA shall apply to you only to the extent such limitations or exclusions are permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located.
This EULA shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts sitting in Brazoria County, Texas or the federal courts in the Southern District of Texas to resolve any disputes arising under this EULA. In each case this EULA shall be construed and enforced without regard to the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
This EULA contains the complete agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, whether oral or written. You agree that any varying or additional terms contained in any purchase order or other written notification or document issued by you in relation to the Software licensed hereunder shall be of no effect. The failure or delay of CLEARIFY® to exercise any of its rights under this EULA or upon any breach of this EULA shall not be deemed a waiver of those rights or of the breach.
No CLEARIFY® dealer, agent or employee is authorized to make any amendment to this EULA.
If any provision of this EULA shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the remaining provisions of this EULA will remain in full force and effect.
All questions concerning this EULA shall be directed to: CLEARIFY®, 1321 Upland Dr. #2135, Houston, TX 77043, Attention: General Counsel.
CLEARIFY® and other trademarks contained in the Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of CLEARIFY® in the United States and/or other countries. Third party trademarks, trade names, product names and logos may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. You may not remove or alter any trademark, trade names, product names, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software. This EULA does not authorize you to use CLEARIFY® or its licensors' names or any of their respective trademarks.
Houston, TX 77043USA